Tuesday 9 February 2021

February - Sewing

January helped me decide that knitting is not for me. I want something creative that is going to capture my attention. I loved sewing to make some Christmas presents at the end of last year and with a sale agreed for our house, meaning hopefully no more viewings to tidy for, I feel like February is the month to get the sewing machine out and make a few things that I have been thinking about for a while. 

First up, some hair scrunchies. I had so many hair scrunchies as a 10/11 year old and looking back at photos I can't really believe they have come back into fashion.  Although this new iteration is a bit more stylish and people don't seem to be wearing three at a time - 90's fashion was very interesting! I have a roll of elastic and various pieces of fabric that I love so I'm going to make a few and see how they turn out. My hair is constantly getting knotted and little fingers love to pull at it so hopefully they will be well used.  I am also going to make some new cushions for our living room with some beautiful material that was meant to be curtains but I got my measurements wrong! I don't have a photo of it because it is currently in the loft but I promise it is beautiful. 


I'm really excited for this month so hopefully I will have some nice things to share at the end of February. 






1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about knitting, I am afraid that gene passed me by too :) Given how long it could be before hairdressers open again we might all need hair scrunchies soon :) Look forward to seeing your new cushions!

    ReplyDelete