Peppercorn sauce recipe - serves 4 (or 2 very hungry people)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 shallot - finely chopped
1 tablespoon of ground peppercorns (a mixture of colours looks really nice)
1 tablespoon of flour
1 litre of vegetable stock
50ml of double cream
Squeeze of lemon juice
- In a large saucepan heat the butter and oil over a low heat, add the shallot and cook for 2 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the ground peppercorns and then add the flour.
- Once the floor and butter mixture has made a paste add the vegetable slowly, stiring constantly.
- Once all the vegetable stock has been added leave to simmer for 10 mins until thickened.
- Stir in the cream and then the lemon juice.
- Check the seasoning of the sauce and add more pepper if you would like it hotter.
- Serve with a steak of your choice (mine was tuna) or veggies or just chips :-)